Prevention is, better that cure, it’s easier to stop something happening in the first place than to repair the damage after it has happened.
With the increasing number of WordPress websites and plugins being developed the more vulnerabilities are being found. Vulnerabilities in plugins and the WordPress core are the main factors for your WordPress website being hacked or compromised. With your website being hacked can have the following affects:
- Brand reputation
- Loss of customers
- Potential for sending out SPAM emails
- Poor server performance
- Inappropriate content being added
- Loss of customer data
- Data leaks
Our DWM WordPress Support, WP PressUp is here to take control of this and ensure your website remains safe and secure. The package includes the following:
- We monitor your WordPress core and plugin files for any changes
- Any updates that become available we implement, we check to ensure your version of WordPress and theme is compatible with the plugin update.
- We monitor anyone trying to access your WordPress site (it’s surprising how many people do) and implement blocks.
- We get notified of any WordPress vulnerabilities as soon as they are announced, sometimes at that point there is no fix, so we’ll monitor the site for comprises and when that plugin or WordPress core file is fixed we’ll implement the update (this is normally within a few hours of the venerability being announced)
We want to make sure your website is fit for purpose.
On signing up we give your website a complete WordPress security check and recommend areas that can be improved, these can be as simple as not using “admin” as the username. Any updates such as this will be done part of the support package. If there is a large security issue due to website being developed badly we will let you know and suggest how best to move forward.